18 December, 2013 Leave a comment
Wait! Wait! Before you get the wrong impression, I am not the one or of the age either, to run after any women, but a happily married man with 2 wonderful kids.
Let me start my story again. Today was the second day in my attempt to get fit again with my morning walks. Three days earlier, going round in circles in the park near my house, I managed to brisk-walk about 1.2 km in about 15 minutes. Today I intended to spend the same time, but cover a greater distance.
As I started my walk, I noticed a woman keep a fairly good pace across the field. So I decided that I would call it quits AFTER I managed to catch up with her. I managed a good pace, slowly but surely catching up with her. Just as I was a few meters behind her, she suddenly exited the park, got into her car and drove off. I was so focused in wanting to catch up with her, that all of a sudden, I was a bit lost as to what I should do.
Anyway, cut the story short, I managed to cover 20 mins today and covering a distance of 2.5km
Why this story? Well, 2013 is closing to an end, to herald in a new 2014. And it also a time when we set goals and hope for a better year compared to the earlier years. Goals are important if we want to be in charge of our destiny, otherwise we would most probably live our lives being victims of anybody or anything.
Some pointers from my story
1) Goals help you know
- WHERE you are now and where you want to be,
- WHY you want to be there,
- WHAT you need to do to arrive there,
- HOW you arrive there and know
- WHEN you have arrived there.
If I didn’t set my mind to catch up with her, I would have done a poorer pace
2) Although goals are set, we need to be flexible at times, to adapt to new circumstances facing our plans. The woman disappeared suddenly, I just continued on another circle and stopped, knowing that I had achieved more than expected for the day
3) I think the most important lesson here is that, knowingly or unknowingly, we affect other peoples’ lives for good or for worse. Unknown to her, she actually helped me perform better today in my fitness program today. Question we need to ask is, how much we are affecting other peoples’ lives, be it friends, family or even strangers. Is it for better…or is it for worse?
I think the biggest issue we will face coming year will be the rising cost of living, be it fuel, electricity, tolls, etc. We can either focus on cutting costs to live within our means, or proactively work towards generating greater income for ourselves to enjoy a better quality of life
Financial planning, investment planning, insurance planning or however you may wish to approach it, offer opportunities for those wishing to enhance their quality of life in insurance selling. It also enables us to improve the lives of our clients through protecting their assets and increasing their savings and investments, ultimately assuring their quality of life
Zurich Insurance Malaysia is a global insurer, wishing to increase their presence to the Malaysian public. This is very obvious in the various branding campaigns that are ongoing now. It is a wonderful company that is sparing no effort in creating quality Sales Advisers and superior Products. The following press release also shows why insurance is the way to go
Contact me to know how you can better your life and those who matter to you with Zurich
“…..Given the country’s strong economic growth, life insurance premiums in Malaysia were set to grow 5.4% in 2014, compared with the global average of 3.9%, Swiss Re said. — Reuters”